The New Year brings new opportunities to revitalize your home. We know you strive for your home to be a reflection of you but we all could use a bit more calm in the New Year. Thus, we put together a brief guide to feng shui (pronounced fung shway) your home into 2017 with harmony and style.
- Make your bed every morning This daily ritual will allow you to start the day with successful and bountiful energy.
- Clear the clutter to open the space Chi, also known as energy, must be able to flow freely through our home and this cannot be accomplished with clutter and cramped rooms. Editing belongings will allow the positive energy to move through your space, clearing it for better living and stronger relationships.
- Purchase a plant Bring nature into your space as much as possible. Plants purify the air we breathe by naturally eliminating toxins. Allow flora to create its own harmonious energy!
- Fix anything that’s “broken” “Broken” can be a drawer that doesn’t open correctly or a light bulb that’s burnt out. Even a small hole in a rug is “broken.” Once you pinpoint and eliminate everything that needs to be fixed, you also negate the negative energy that accumulated within your space.
- Have a dinner party The act of cooking and enjoying a meal with loved ones and flowing conversation will ultimately bring more happiness into your home. There’s something magical that occurs during a happy occasion, leaving your home with positive and abundant vibes.
- Remember that words create a home too In order to live in harmony, we must also provide a happy environment with our words and attitudes. Negative words create negative energy that results in negative space. Try to be mindful of the words we use and how they can impact our surroundings.
Our homes are personal sanctuaries and the ancient tradition of feng shui is an effective design technique to bring harmony into your sanctuary. There is so much more to learn about feng shui, so click here to be directed to a fantastic book to teach you everything there is to know.